Thursday, March 27, 2008

Charm School

This morning, as Monkey was finishing her breakfast, her hunger subsided and her sense of play (aka toddleritis) took over. In other words, she chucked everything on the floor.

Water bottle? Check. On the floor.

NYTimes? Check. On the floor and fanned out.

Crackers? Check. On the floor with crumbs in a 3 foot radius.

Apple sauce? Check, check and check. On her face, her hands, her jammies, the chair, the table AND the floor. And maybe Ollie, too (poor cat).

Using my stern mom voice I reminded her that "we do NOT throw food on the floor" yadda yadda etc. etc. etc.

I was quite close to her as I was saying this, since I had bent over to put my face next to hers to emphasize my point.

She looked at me very seriously, and nodded her head. Like, ok mama, I hear you.

Then she reached out with both apple-sauced hands, cradled my cheeks, and yelled "HELLO" while crinkling her nose. I must have had a funny look on my face, since she burst into laughter.

I got an apple-sauce facial, the floor needed to be washed, and we were late to school. But she was certainly charming!

No comments: