Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Time out

It is official. Mommy got a time out this morning. We were eating breakfast together, and I reached over to help myself to a piece of her dried mango. Well, apparently that infraction was going to go down on my permanent record, because Monkey gave me a time out.

"Time out Mommy, no mango. Time out!"

When I asked her if she was giving Mommy a time out, she said (with great gusto and vigor) YES!

But when I asked her why I was getting the time out (to see if the no mango rule would continue) do you know what she did? She shifted her eyes left and right, in William Shatner-like overacting, as she said "hmmmmm..." and tried to come up with a rationale. I swear to g*d, she was trying to make something up!

I about feel off my chair laughing. It's official, that kid is just bottled insanity. And I love it. Of course, next time I give her a time out and she starts laughing, I might regret this morning....

No comments: