So, the adventure continues. Monkey woke at 4am. But (thank G*D I'm getting better at this middle of the night crap...just in time for #2) I got her to sleep and was back in bed by 4:45am. SUCESSS! I ROCK!!!
Yeah. Until some 20 odd minutes later when I was woken out of what was promising to become a deep slumber by my CAT. YOWLING. In that exact same high pitch that sounds like Monkey keening.....so of course I bolted straight up, convinced she was awake again. Pulse racing, I verified that Monkey was still sleeping and went back to bed.
Heartburn. OK, up for some medicine and a glass of milk. Feed the cat and return to bed yet again. It is now 5:25am.
Lay awake for a few minutes.....and then smell something suspiciously similar to cat shit wafting through the air...but hear nothing, no litter being scratched. Get up to investigate and voila! Cat shit on the bathmat. Why? No clue - the f'ing litter box is right there, clean, and Ollie has been fed.
I fume. I put on gloves to clean the mess up (since - OH YES, it IS so - M is out of town) and officially give up on sleeping.
Check email and learn M landed in Geneva safely. Reply with growly email about wanting to sell cat to the gypsies. Consider posting an add on Craig's List for gently used cat.
5:45am. Hop in shower and pray Monkey won't wake up while I'm in there. Take the world's fastest shower and pop out to.....silence.
Creep around the apartment. Verify that child and cat and now both sleeping, blissful and adorable in their repose.
It's a damn good thing, too, or the gypsies would totally be raking it in this week...
1 comment:
Poor momma. You need a vacation.
Post a Comment