I think that Monkey has a creative imagination. Pretty amazing, at two and a half, to hear the things that come out of her mouth. As she "reads" her books out loud to me, she often is able to retell the actual story from memory. The words aren't the precise ones from the text, but she'll parrot phrases and get the gist of it.
But then, some times, she goes out on a creative limb and makes up her own story. Lately these usually involve babies and diapers. Oh and bottles. You know, the stuff she sees here at home with Jellybean.
But every so often her made-up stories are these long, rambling, fantastical voyages of the imagination, complete with dramatic flourishes with her hands and waving of her arms. (I can't imagine where she gets this dramatic streak....)
But the funniest part is when she looks at me for confirmation and asks me a question. Because often, I have NO freakin' clue what she is talking about. Tonight it was a story about either slopes, or soap, or something that sounds like that.....I've no idea. But Monkey thought it was the best story ever.
When she finished it she threw her hands in the air and fell back on her bed. As if to say she'd just finished the great American novel and it knocked her socks off. She cracks me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment