Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Queen Bee

This morning when I dropped Monkey off at school she did her normal thing, which is to immediately grab a book and sit on one of the (precious, toddler-sized) chairs in the reading corner.

She grinned at me and J (one of her beloved teachers) and chattered happily with her friends.

Then, because I moved something that should not have been moved (heaven forbid her water bottle be in the wrong place!!!! oh noooo!!) she popped out of the chair to redress this grevious wrong.

And Eli took her spot.

I turned my attention to the water bottle issue, ascertained that a UN delegation would not be needed to solve this pressing matter for world peace, and turned back to a scene of toddler brutality. Roman and Caleb were, quite literally, pushing and hitting Eli in an attempt to forcibly remove him from the chair. I was a bit taken aback by this display of testosterone so early in the morning (not to mention in their lives!) but the brawl settled down a few seconds later when another teacher invited Eli to clean up his blocks.....and Monkey retook the throne.

I looked at J, a bit puzzled, and she nodded. "Yes, that was all about Monkey."

Who said chivalry was dead?

1 comment:

Dr. Frink said...

Monkey has an entourage!! Nice to see that at such an early age. Britney and Mariah would be so proud!!