Jellybean gets sent home each day with reports. Diaper updates (i.e., how many and of what variety), feeding schedule, nap schedule, and then these adorable checkboxes of things that she did during the day – she rolled over – check! She rocked on her knees – check! She enjoyed music – check! She played with fabric scarves – check!
The best, however, is the “Other Comments” section at the bottom, where the teachers write free form comments about the day….
I think I like these because they are so earnest.
My favorite from this past week: Jellybean “loves to help feeding herself. She grabs the spoon and brings it to her mouth.” (Yup, she sure does; I now feed her with two spoons – one for me, one for her! The tussles over who got to hold the spoon were getting too intense, and food was splattering everywhere.) That part wasn’t what made me smile – what made me giggle was the next sentence: “One of the teachers usually lets her practice her eating skills when Jellybean is almost full, since the food doesn’t usually reach its proper destination when Jellybean does it.”
I beg to differ. I think the floor, ceilings, wall, and her hair are the “proper” destinations! Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment