Friday, August 21, 2009

Time keeps on slipping, slippin' slippin'... into the future

Today is Monkey and Jellybean's last day of summer camp at school.

For Monkey, it marks a transition from "toddler" to early childhood. Jellybean will continue in the infant room, but she's going to walk (sooner than later, to keep up with her sister). And this feels like a big deal to me. I know, it's not exactly graduation from college, but it is a moment in time that needs to be marked never the less.

Mostly because OH MAH GAWD when did they grow up on me? Seriously? They are this big ALREADY? But.....they are my babies!

I remember sleepless nights with Monkey thinking dawn would never break. I remember cradling Jellybean's tiny little hands in my hands, wondering at how a creature so beautiful and durable could be so small and fragile.

And now I have these two KIDS.

Ok, granted, Monkey is barely 3 and Jellybean hasn't even hit 9 months yet, but boy do the days fly by.

Monkey haggles like a senior litigator, sleeps like a teenager, and wants to paint her fingernails red. Jellybean shows her teeth when she grins, desperately wants to walk, and knows how to work a room. They are impossibly small and yet impossibly grown up.

And I love them both dearly. Not a day goes by where I can't believe how lucky I am to be their mom. And how grateful I am to have M as my husband and their father.

No comments: