Sunday, November 29, 2009

Backseat Driver

So, we recently got a new car. New to us (it's a used car), and definitely newer than the 2001 Passat we've been driving. We loved the Passat, and got another one, but boy - the changes between the two were pretty amazing.

We don't have a key, for example. It's a strange fob thing that you shove into a slot in the dashboard and it starts the car. Lord help us if that thing runs out of its battery!

And, even though it is a used car, it's a heckuva lot newer than the old one and therefore, the clutch is very different.

So different, in fact, that I stalled the car twice the first time I drove it.

No problem, really, as we were on a side street. Only Monkey was in the car with me. The first time I restarted the car, she didn't really make too much of it.

The second time, however, she told me that she thought we needed a new car, as that one was "broken."

My cousin H likes to bring it up and tease me, reminding me that my driving so under-impressed my eldest daughter she thought I broke the car.

Keep it up H, keep it up. Smart aleck. Guess it really does run in the family......

No comments: