"Dear. Lord."
That's the response I got from my gorgeous sister in law, G. We had an email exchange this morning and she told me that B had started to walk while pushing things! Just in time to turn 1.
And, while G is proud of her little girl, she's mourning the loss of her baby. Because really, once they are walking? They shed that "baby" aspect and become a toddler. Which we love! We do! But the baby? That innocent, sweet baby stage? It goes away.
I comiserated with G by telling her what hijinks Jellybean's been into lately:
Yesterday she jumped and actually got BOTH feet off the ground. Isn’t that something they’re supposed to be able to do by – oh, I don’t know – THREE?? Oy. I also found her standing on the toilet yesterday. She got up without a stepstool – not sure how she got up there, but she did. She was ransacking the shelves above the toilet…nothing is safe from her, these days! (not sure why I’d expect anything less…the kid walked at 10.5 months!)
I turned around (because I was literally right there in the (teeny) bathroom with her) and my jaw dropped. I think she climbed on the edge of the tub and then scooted onto the toilet, then stood up. Otherwise I’ve no clue how she could get up there, the toilet is almost up to the middle of her chest.
She also dragged the overturned laundry basket across the living room, so she could get on it, then get onto this rattan cube we have, so she could get on top of our media cabinet, so that she could kneel there and try to pry our TV off the wall. No joke. Thank g*d we paid some professionals to install that thing, or she’d have had 200+ pounds of TV squishing her….
If there was ever a kid that prompted the invention of a baby jail? She’s that kid - reincarnated.
Yup. I think G's response just 'bout sums it up: Dear. Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment