Monkey attended her first slumber party last Friday night. It was a birthday party for one of her best friends.
Monkey arrived at the party with her toothbrush & toothpaste, her blankie, her lovie "Softie", her moon nightlight, pajamas and a clean pair of clothing. And of course a birthday present for her dear friend.
She left with a spring in her step and I left with a wrinkle in my brow, worrying that she'd be OK. See, she'd never slept over at someone else's house before without us - not even a grandparents house. Plus that night M and I were up in Rye at his company's holiday party - a good 45-60 minute drive away. You know, in case she needed us and wanted to go home.
We called to say goodnight. And my brave girl did exactly what I want her to do. She broke my heart.
I said hello and in a voice brimming with pride she said "Hi mom, I don't miss you AT ALL!"
That's my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment