Ok, so yesterday I wrote about how next Friday is all about the grandparents. And it is, most of the time, at least according to Monkey.
But this morning? When I dropped her off for school? And I reminded her that today is PIZZA FRIDAY? And asked her what was happening next Friday?
She yelled out..........MY BABY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!
My jaw hit the floor. And the skies opened up and angels sang. And I'll tell you this......the first, second, third and 50th times that Monkey acts out because she's unhappy to share mommy and daddy's attention with Jellybean - I'll remember that moment. Because it was sheer unadulturated bliss for me. Seeing the joy on her face as she mentioned her baby sister.
I'm going to hold on to that memory, carrying it around with me until it's tattered and worn, and use it as a crutch to get through the cranky times ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment