Friday, February 8, 2008

Uneeda lose Elmo like you need a hole in your head

When random strangers start shouting and repeating themselves, I tend to pretend I don't hear them and move on. Quickly. Call it what you will, there is no way I am going to get trapped into any interaction with a rambling ranting repeating (alliteration, cool!) stranger. Especially when I have Monkey with me.

So, yesterday we were in the grocery store on the way home from daycare, picking up coke zero for me, Uneeda (he he he) crackers for Monkey, and beer for dad who is having a long week. Some guy behind me starts yelling “you dropped something important! Something important! IMPORTANT!! IMPOOOOORRRTANTTTTTTT” and I quickly glance back thinking okaaaay, crazy person, let's just move along now…..and he’s holding out Elmo. Yikes.

Instead of a random bit of mental instability, I got a random act of kindness. And I don't think this guy has kids, otherwise he could have just said "Elmo!" and saved himself from acting unhinged.

No comments: