Sunday, January 4, 2009

Um, no thank you

Monkey is exceptionally polite. It is something that we require from her, and we refuse to acknowledge requests without the requisite "please" at the end (or beginning) of the sentence.

And today, instead of Monkey being the little mynah bird, I'm the one imitating her.

How? By saying, um, no thank you. To what? Resolutions!

That is right. I am not making any new year's eve resolutions. Instead I am going to just live life as best I can, love my family and friends, and be me. Nothing sacred or mind-blowing there.

This way? I SO SUCCEED! :-)

What, you never set goals low so you'd be happy you met them? Pshhaw. Considering how high my standards are, I"m letting myself off easy!

PS I am having a kickass birthday. Shopping at bloomies, hanging with M and the girls, eating salted caramel - life is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sonja! I miss you and your crazy child, and I can't wait to meet the new kid :)

Renee said...

Happy B-day babe!

Anonymous said...

Talk about aiming low: I resolved to take over part of your "personal work space" at some point during the year. Within the first 4 hours of moving in, I have already accomplished my goal. YAY ME!

Happy belated birthday from all of us here in cubicle he..eaven. ;D