Yesterday was MLK day, so Monkey's school was closed. M had to go to work, so I was home with the two girls all day long. And, since Jellybean is still not allowed into crowds....we spent the entire day in the apartment. We did not leave. We did NOT get to go out and play in the gorgeous snow. We DID get cabin fever.
But, we also had a lot of fun.
The morning was spent making cupcakes. Now, more batter ended up on the floor, the walls, and in Monkey's stomach than in the cupcake pans...but it was a success.
Then, naptime! And that wasn't a success. Monkey managed to spend over two hours in her room before she closed her eyes and finally, finally fell asleep. She was channeling the Beastie Boys.....you know, NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN and YOU GOTTA FIGHT, FOR THE RIGHT, To PARTY.....................trust me.
But eventually she slept.
And then, post-nap, her friend Daniel came over. Now, Daniel is Monkey's oldest friend. We met his parents in our birthing class. And Daniel is a lovely, well mannered and enjoyable kid. (His parents are awesome, too).
Daniel and Monkey shrieked and giggled and tore the apartment apart.....forts were built, cupcakes were consumed, and everyone had a blast.
M came home from soccor last night and put me to bed. I didn't get to nap with all the chaos and caring for both Monkey and Jellybean (during the brief time that Monkey slept, Jellybean ate....so no nap) so I was beyond tired. But this was an honest tired.
I was exhausted from having so much fun. And boy, am I impressed at all the parents and caregivers that are at home all the time. You guys work HARD!
1 comment:
AMEN! And I am seriously considering taking HP down to part-time when I am maternity leave. Tell me I'm crazy....
Post a Comment